Tomasz Gulla – born on 14 January 1981 in Słupsk, Poland, at present living in Gdynia, Poland, a lawyer. I have been taking pictures since the beginning of 2003. Photography is my great passion, a springboard from dullness of everyday life, the field where I look for a different view of reality. I try to create something new as well as go beyond the patterns.
I am interested in seeking abandoned places (palaces, factories, churches) in order to make them vivid in my photographs and go back in time. I will soon broaden my artistic field of interest by metalwork.
- 2003 – participation in the 2nd International Photo Exhibition in Łódź, Poland.
- 2004 – “Menschen in Europa” Exhibition in Vienna, Austria.
- 2005 – Exhibition at the Law and Administration Faculty of Gdańsk University.
- 2006 – 2nd place among over 25 000 submitted pictures in the contest organized by the American portal betterphoto.com.
- 2006 – 5th place in the FotoSurf contest organized by the Dutch photo magazine Focus.
- 2006 – a prize in the 4th edition of the Baltic Photo Contest.
- 2006 – an exhibition at the Law and Administration Faculty of Gdańsk University, entitled “Gdańsk – the Port City” under the honourable patronage of the President of Gdańsk, the Chancellor of Gdańsk University and the Dean of the Law and Administration Faculty of Gdańsk University.
- 2006 – the picture of the year 2006 in the landscape category – by the photography portal The Everyman Photo Contest.
- 2006 – a prize in the contest organized by Apogee Photo Magazine.
- IV.2008 – publication in the „Discover Poland” guide.
- XII.2008 – an exhibition in Hamburg, Germany at the International Marziart Gallery.
- 2009 – the picture of the year 2009 in the landscape, portrait and b&w category – by the photography portal The Everyman Photo Contest
- 22.II.2010 –an exhibition at the Law and Administration Faculty of Gdańsk University, entitled “The abyss of sleep” under the honourable patronage of the Dean of the Law and Administration Faculty of Gdańsk University.
- III.2010 – publication in the “BLUR” magazine no (17) – blur-magazine.com;
- I.2011- cooperation with “Basak Malone” llc. The New Collectors Book
- IX.2012 – publication in the “BLUR” magazine no (27) – blur-magazine.com
I have publications in international journals and books:
- The WTO and the Millennium Development Goals, WTO 2009, p. 1. (report)
- The Federal Government’s Broadband Strategy – Innovation policy, information society, telecommunications, Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology German, 2009 , p. 21.
- More! 3 Student’s Book, Cambridge University Press 2008, p. 86.
- Gazeta WPiA UG nr 1/2010, p. 2.
- THE ADC QUARTERLY FALL 2006, vol 5, no 2, p. 4.
- World Trade Report 2009: Trade Policy Commitments and Contingency Measures, WTO 2009, p. 1.
- Environment Michigan Report, Summer 2009, p. 3.
- Best of Belgium vol 2, GVP 2009, p. 192. (guide)
- M. Gansevoort, Hoe word ik wereldreiziger, Lannoo Uitgeverij 2007, p. 113. (book);
- F. Hodgkins, The Whale Scientists: Solving the Mystery of Whale Strandings, 2007 (book);
- G. Bailey, Flight, 2009 (book);
- Robert W. Soutas, Daniel J. Inman, Engineering Mechanics: Statics-computational Edition, Cengage Learning Editores, 2008 (book);
- James M. Gere, Barry J. Goodno, Mechanics of Material, Cengage Learning 2011.